Oh my gosh, Hipsters! I’m so happy for you. Holy cow. I know it must have been really stressful to make the decision about the from-home job, but this is just so incredible that so many jobs want you!!!!!!
Thanks! :) It was such a hard decision, because in the back of my mind, I’m just there thinking, ‘What if this is it? What if I don’t get any other offers? What if I fail that interview?’ But it’s just not the right fit for me right now and I think I have to respect that fact and not put myself in a situation where I am uncomfortable or likely to fail. It’s been absolutely awesome though, just knowing that there are actually some opportunities and that some people might want me for them. It’s given me the hope I’ve been missing about my career for some time. And if it doesn’t work out, I’m planning on approaching a couple of community contacts I’ve made over time at this job and quietly inquiring about whether their organizations are looking for someone in my field.
Making that decision was one of the hardest things I’ve had to do in some time, but once I rejected it, it felt like a weight was off my shoulders and I just know it’s the right choice :)
Not going to lie though, when I do leave this job, there’s a non-zero chance that I will go full Sam Wesson when I quit.
(Except it’ll be my computer instead of my phone)
Sorry I haven’t been around much (other than flailing about all the demon!Dean spoilers from Comic Con), I’ve been rather busy recently with real life and stress from that.
I actually came to a really big decision today about a prospective job, which is kind of stressing me out. I was offered a position for a great, well-paying job with benefits that wanted me so badly they set up a Skype interview instead of having me come in. When I told them I couldn’t move for the position and that I wished them luck in finding someone, they countered with an offer to work from home and just come in once or twice a week. They really, really want me for the position. But I just don’t think I can take it right now. After taking a really long look at the type of worker I am, at this point, I’m not comfortable working from home. I like having that division of my work and my home life. So I don’t think that I could do my best work for them from a home environment. And I would still wind up having to go into work once to twice a week, which would make those 12 hour days with the drive.
In the end, my husband made it pretty clear to me. He said, “You should feel like you’re picking the job, not that the job’s picking you.” Up until now, I’ve just taken the first job to be offered because I have been so desperate, even when they were horrible. Now I have more years of professional experience under my belt, I can afford to be more choosy, I don’t need to jump on the very first opportunity I find anymore. And even though I hate my current job, I can endure for a bit longer, because it is well-paying and (very occasionally) rewarding. I even have another prospect on the horizon already, I have an interview for a full-time, permanent job in the city on Friday.
It’s been awesome for my self-esteem though, to have employers literally clamoring to recruit me (the job on Friday hadn’t even closed before they were calling me for an interview). I hope that I can find something else soon, but until then, I can hold onto that and it can help me find the strength to keep looking.
i want a thousand more aus with fitness trainer!cas please
but autumn you simply must be more specific! do u want:
- personal fitness trainer!cas, who gets a new, very reluctant, client but after a while starts to go easy on him bc he’s worried that the pudge will fade into chiseled abs too quickly? bc abs are all very well and good but he simply loves the way dean eats ice cream on hot days, and cas can just imagine how enthusiastic he’d be eating him out~
- fitness trainer!cas who mostly deals in a mix of yoga and tai chi, but loves going over the adjacent kick-boxing class… to work on his self defence of course what are you talking about anna, i haven’t even noticed the instructor’s incredible buns. wait, his name is dean, did you say?
- fitness trainer!cas that’s super-intensive and doesn’t let up for a second (army days’ll do that to you) but whenever he sees a certain green-eyed member struggling to keep up at times, he maybe slows it all down a little, maybe
- fitness trainer!cas that has the most amazing stamina, doing 10k runs regularly, starting at 5am and the only person in his group that sticks it out to watch the sunrise with him is dean
- fitness trainer!cas who’d been pretty insecure about his weight when he was little, maybe to the point where he overcompensates when he’s an adult, and the only time he feels like he can really let loose is when dean smears peanut butter all over his disco-stick and lets cas just go to town
- fitness trainer!cas that coaches lil kiddie beginner swimmers on the weekends for extra cash, and meeting little emma winchester and her hot single dad (spoiler alert: they fuck in the jacuzzi. a lot.)
- fitness trainer!cas having workout mixes made up entirely of kickass lady tunes (rihanna, beyoncé, britney spears, ke$ha) and giggling as dean the gym manager walks past every friday afternoon, squinting and grumbling bc dammit cas now i’m gonna have it in my head all day (maybe dean likes to ask cas to make his most intensive workout mix to double as a sex mix as cas fucks him in the dance hall with the most mirrors who knows?)
- fitness trainer!cas being so into health and stuff, he goes on retreats and camps to improve his personal best, and he meets dean who’s more of a lifter while cas strives for firm total-body muscle tone through tempered weights but mostly cardio, and they probably swap fitness tips and hand jobs
- fitness trainer!cas having a cheat day when he goes to the pier every sunday to visit his ice-cream-man boyfriend who makes his own ice cream and makes sure cas indulges at least once a week (“c’mon cas, i made this one especially for you, pistachio and peanut surprise!” “do you have strawberry sauce?” “am i the best boyfriend ever?”)
- fitness trainer!cas